Take advantage of the last few warm days to meander through the Fox's neighborhood!
1. Keep an eye out for East Arlington Stories as they pop up along Mass Ave. These larger-than-life profiles of local businesses and their owners will only last as long as the wheat paste that holds them up. Consider volunteering in front of the Fox on October 15th between 12 and 4pm, when the artists will be on hand!
2. Join the Friends of the Fox for a documentary film screening on October 26th at 7pm. Beats of the Antonov "reveals the power of music to bring Sudanese people together in time of war," and documents a different view of the conflict in Sudan. The screening is free; join us for discussion following the film. Register here so we'll be sure to have enough free snacks.
3. The Arlington International Film Festival runs from October 27th to 30th. The Festival will take place at the Capitol Theatre with a series of films intended to “foster appreciation for different cultures by exploring the lives of people around the globe through independent film — to nurture the next generation of filmmakers.”
4. The Fox library will be open on Saturday October 29 from 9am to 5pm (a Saturday, hurray!). The Little Fox resale shop will be open from 10am to 4pm.
5. Join professional organizer Elizabeth Goodsell for a free one-hour workshop on October 29th. Join us in the Community Room (downstairs from the library) from 1 to 2pm and pick up some strategies for tackling clutter and ideas for corralling kids' toys.
6. November 16th is Scrabble Night! A Wednesday Night Out event at the library for adults, 7 to 8:30pm.